Saturday, August 22, 2015

Work in Progress

Well, I don't have a clue how many hours I've been at school trying to put my new classroom together. My son, Kyle stopped by to visit one day, and his friend texted and asked him where he
was.  Here's how it went:
Dan: Where are You?
Kyle: West
Dan:West where
Kyle: West Elementary
Dan: But there's no school
Kyle: I know, but my mom's working 
Dan: But there's no kids
Kyle: I know, but she works a lot.  That's what teachers do
Thank you, son, for trying to educate the general population.  We are not OFF in the summer, sitting in the sun, sipping iced tea.  I took 12 semester credits, moved a classroom, created a 21st Century Classroom, and broke a sweat.  I'm a teacher.  What's your superpower?!

Here's a glimpse into my classroom. Notice anything missing????  Perhaps desks?  Yep.  We start September 7th.  They should (BETTER) arrive between the 28th of August and September 1st, then assembly can begin. :)  They threw my old desks out, so BETTER is the operable word.  I do have some awesome seating, though, don't I? Sorry about all the clutter - still trying to fit things from a bigger room into this room, and going from a giant desk to no desk for now, but a mobile work station is coming. I'm just not sure how much storage there will be in it, so I'm trying to plan on no storage.  So, throw, throw, throw.










IF you are able to donate to a project, or can forward the link to someone who loves to help teachers and classrooms out, I have a DonorsChoose project for my classroom which just went live a couple of days ago.  It's for a Apple Macbook Pro.  I want the kids to be able to work with me to blog on Kidblog, do some skyping and tweeting with other classrooms around the world.  I also want to be able to work wirelessly with a computer within the room, including without a battery needing to be plugged in within an hour or two.  I will have a green screen set up for my students to record stories after writing and editing using manipulatives (including Legos).  I plan to add a keyboard for students to utilize Garage band as well. Again, thanks for any help you can offer! 
 Here's the link to my project: ENTER THE CODE: JUMPSTART TO HAVE THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION MATCH YOUR DONATION!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment